Monday, July 11, 2011

An Easy Crocheted Skinny Scarf


Rhonda, at the Dollar Store Crafts blog, made a really cute scarf that she called "The World's Easiest Crochet Scarf" .   The scarf is made with left-over yarn, and all you need to know is how to do the chain stitch.  She showed a scarf she had made using 15 strands of  yarn chains, and one using 24 strands of yarn chains.  She also commented about  being excited to wear them in the fall.

Well, I didn't want to wait 'til fall!  I have seen many patterns for skinny scarves in crochet magazines, and decided I would use less strands and be able to wear it now, to add a little color to a plain tank top.  I used worsted weight yarn in a variegated blues and pinks, a variegated pink, a maroon, and a turquoise, a light weight yarn in turquoise, and chains of variegated pink, dark pink and dark turquoise size 10 crochet thread and a maroon fun fur.  I made chains that were about 9 ft long, and tied them all together every eight inches using an overhand knot.  It was fun and easy, and I am very happy with how it turned out.

No comments: