Sunday, March 1, 2015

Baby Clothes and Items

Since I had crocheted a lot of blankets recently, and am still in the middle of the Granny's Favorite blanket, I wanted to do a couple of projects that were fast, and could be done in one day.  I ended up crocheting three sets of baby clothes/items.


The first is a newborn baby outfit called "Little Boy Blue Long Pant Suit." The pattern is from Danette's Angels, a site that offers crochet patterns for use with charity items.  I used a skein of Canan yarn from Big Lots in Navy Blue and a K hook.  I even found some navy buttons in my button tin.  I decided to add a couple of rows to the legs and top of the pants and to the body and arms of the sweater, as this pattern was originally for a preemie baby.  This will be for a local charity.


My next outfit is a preemie kimono and hat.  Since I couldn't find a free pattern for a kimono, I adapted this pattern from Bev's Country Cottage.  The yarn is partly Bernat Baby Coordinates and some non-labled yarn from my stash.  I added several rows to make it longer, and added a tie to the inside, that wraps around the back.  The hat is a pattern from Momma That Makes.  If it does not fit the preemie I made this for, it will go to the NICU where she is, for another preemie.



Finally, I crocheted a preemie Post Stitch
Cuddle Sac and Hat from a pattern on the Preemie Hat Project blog.  I used Snuggly Wuggly baby yarn in Soft Lilac and trimmed the sac and hat with Canan baby yarn in Purple.  This will also go to the preemie baby mentioned earlier.  I am sure it will fit, as it is almost as long as the baby!

I am sharing this post with these linky parties.

Pin It


11 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Wow you have been busy and love your makes this week, such good ideas

Josie said...

Such cute makes and how kind that one is for the babies x

Lucy Blossom said...

Lovely makes and for such good causes too.

Unknown said...

So cute! I love how quickly you can crochet baby stuff! x

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

So adorable and very clever. Popping by from Handmade Monday

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Lovely work - they will be greatly appreciated.

betty said...

Thanks for visiting my blog (A Bench with a View) and your comment :)

I admire your talents with crocheting! I can knit but never learned how to crochet. Tons of cute things out there to crochet, like you highlighted with the baby clothes you made.

Years ago (26 to be exact) we adopted our second child at six days old. When he was brought home to us by the social worker, he was wearing a crocheted outfit made by loving volunteers for that particular adoption agency. Obviously I've kept it over the years along with the blanket also crocheted that he was wrapped in. A labor of love, just like what you do and give to charities.

betty

Unknown said...

You've been so busy! I would love an adult sized one of these to snuggle up in...I suppose it would be a sleeping bag!

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

Such adorable little baby items! Best wishes for preemie baby you will be donating these items to.
The Post Stitch Preemie Cuddle Sac was one of the Most Clicked projects from our Yarn Fanatic Linky Party #26. It is featured in today's, as well as on Facebook.
Looking forward to seeing your newest creations at this week's party - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-27.html.
Alexandra
EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How cute! I haven't ventured that far yet, but I've been eyeing this pattern for a lacy shawl for myself...

Monty Mehra said...

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

Buy Designer Lehenga For Kids