Sunday, February 22, 2015

Newborn Baby Booties

When I saw this tutorial on Annasimplecrochet, I knew I would be making them.  After I crocheted one, it looked a little floppy, and didn't hold it's shape.  I also didn't have enough yarn in my stash to make two.  So, I decided to adapt the tutorial to my liking.

This is what I did:  I used one ball of baby yarn from my stash to make the sole.  Using an E hook, I began with 11 chains.  Then, I made an sc in the second chain from the hook and an sc in each stitch across.  For rows 2-18, I made a single crochet in each stitch across.  I finished with a rectangle.

For the sides of the bootie,  I used another color of baby yarn and crocheted an sc in the end of each row of the rectangle, up one long side, two sc in the corner, in each stitch across the short side, two sc in the other corner, and back down the other side in the ends of the rows.  I turned and crocheted a row of sc for rows 2-10.  Then I fastened off, leaving a long tail for sewing.  I overlapped the sides and sewed across the short section where the toes would be.  The booties turned out better for me this way.  They held their shape better.

This is not meant to be a pattern, but a description of how I adapted the tutorial to suit me.  I will try to answer any questions if you try this .

I am linking this post to these parties.



Pin It

7 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

What cute little booties, just right to keep babies tootsies warm!

Carolee Crafts said...

So cute and the kimono style is so pretty, love the colour

Oui Crochet said...

Cute! I made a similar pair a few weeks back, without following a pattern. I had the same floppiness problem. I didn't put the effort into fixing it though. Thank you for sharing your solution. :)

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

These are adorable! I have been wanting to make a pair like these but have only found knitting patterns. Thanks for the notes :) And for sharing at our Yarn Fanatic Link Party!
Alexandra
EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Those are so clever - I've never seen booties like that before.

Anna said...

Lovely !!! Thanks for the link !
Hug
Anna

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

Thank you so much for sharing, and partying with us! I've chosen these Baby Booties as one of my Yarn Favorites Features in the newest Yarn Fanatic Link Party!

Hope you'll stop by to party with us again :)
Yarn Fanatic Linky Party #26 - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-26.html

Alexandra
EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com