Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIPW~2/4/15


I have added several rows to the Granny's Favorite prayer shawl. Instead of crocheting two or three squares a day, I have been trying to do a row of nine squares.  So now I have 54 of 243 squares done.  I am liking the pattern more each time I add more squares .  After I had three rows done, I realized it looked like a nine patch quilt.

Having just finished a book about the years following the Civil War, I am now reading a book about a family during the Civil War.  I have recently realized how much I like historical fiction.  Daughter of Twin Oaks  is set in Kentucky, at the beginning of the war, where a teenager is thrust into an adult situation of keeping her family along with the beloved horses together and safe. I have just begun this book, but the vivid characters are already pulling me in.

I am linking this post to the sites on this page.




4 comments:

harknessangels said...

Your shawl is looking wonderful. I like historical fiction too!

Spinster Beth said...

If I understand the civil war situation, it would have been hard to keep your horses...they would have been needed for the war, right?

Mlissabeth said...

That is correct.

Mlissabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.