Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Progress on WIPs

I am almost half way through my Granny's Favorite prayer shawl.  I have crocheted 108 granny squares out of around 240.  I like how it is shaping up.  I know I have enough scrap yarn, but hope I have enough of the off-white yarn.



The rectangle for the Eleanor Shrug is almost finished.  After I crochet three more pattern repeats (six rows), I have to sew up the sides and add an edging around the outside.  I am looking forward to wearing it.


The book I am still reading is "Daughter of Twin Oaks."  So far, the daughter, Jesselyn, has dressed up like a boy to get the remaining thoroughbread horses away from their plantation in Kentucky, to keep them from being seized by soldiers in both armies during the Civil War.  The story is mainly about what happens to her and her freed slaves that accompany her on the journey.

I am sharing this post at the links on this page.


Pin It


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shrug has such a nice lacey design...

Anonymous said...

The shrug has such a nice lacey design...