Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Basket Cake

The PTO is having a Fun Night for the students at our school.  The faculty is usually asked to make/donate cakes for the Cake Walk.  Some of the teachers, including me, like to get a little fancy.  I was trying to find something easy to do, and since Easter is on Sunday, I googled "Easter cake for kids."  I found a Kit Kat  Cake at Speckled Freckle.


I changed mine up a bit, using Strawberry Wafer cookies instead of Kit Kats, and used the pastel Peanut M&M's for the eggs on top.  I may decide to add a pipe cleaner handle to it, but I think it looks good even without it.  I hope the kids like it!


Update:  I added the pipe cleaner handle and a ribbon around the basket.  Parts of the wafer cookies kept coming off in transport, and the ribbon held it back together.



Pin It

1 comment:

Andi said...

It's so creative and such a creative take on the kit-kat cakes!