Friday, December 30, 2011

Crocheted Wrap Vest

Deciding to take a break from making things for others, I crocheted myself something.  I made a crocheted wrap vest inspired by the one Trudi made at Maude and Me.



Using some yarn from a poncho I had made previously, that I no longer wanted, I made up the pattern as I went.  Unfortunately, the yarn is no longer available, and I don't remember exactly what kind it was, except that it was a Red Heart yarn.  It is crocheted in one long rectangle, and when I noticed that I wanted it about the length of my arm, from shoulder to wrist, I made it that length, and about double that width.



I used a single crochet ribbing on the front panels and I half-double crocheted across the back.  The armholes are thirty stitches long, starting in the eleventh stitch from the top, and using a K hook. I am going to experiment a little with how I will place the vintage style pin.  I could make the collar a little longer or  pin it without.  I really like how it turned out.

If you make one, I would love to see it.

6 comments:

karisma said...

Its lovely, I thought it was a scarf from the first picture. Its always nice to make something for oneself occasionally. I am currently making 3 things for myself although they are taking a while as I keep getting orders for baby things popping up. :-)

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Thanks for your response on my blog. Have fun with yours and your crafts.

Mommie...Again

Anonymous said...

Great job!! Stopping by to wish you a healthy, happy and creative 2012!!
Stay inspired!

trudi@maudeandme said...

Wow! Love your take on it. And love the yarn.Well done!

Jenn Erickson said...

Your wrap vest turned out beautifully! Thank you so much for being a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17! I can't wait to see what you'll bring to the share-nest tomorrow!

Happy New Year!
Jenn

Unknown said...

What a lovely scarf! You are one talented lady!

Thanks for linking up to the Mingle With Us Blog Hop and following my blog. I'm following you back and hope to see you again next week. :)