Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

My children sing in a local youth choir, and they had their final performance of this year on Sunday.  I wanted to make the director and her assistant something special, and they both know I crochet.  So, I made them each an ornament, with a Size 7 steel hook and bedspread weight cotton, using patterns I found in a book of granny square patterns, probably from the seventies.  Of course, Christmas ornaments are timeless.  I believe they are magical, in the precious creations of a hook and thread.





You can see more Magical Mondays here . I am also posting here in Creative Everyday, and on Gingerbread Girl.

10 comments:

Gwen said...

These are wonderful and they make such a thoughtful gift!
xx

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful creations! I love them ~ hand made is so good ~ not everyone is able to and they love to get handmade gifts! ~ Happy Holidays to you and come back again to Magical Monday Meme ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

Anonymous said...

What beautiful decorations.

Suzanne said...

Very lovely to make the home ready for Christmas!

Candace said...

Very festive. Feels great to make presents doesn't it?

Joanne said...

Those decorations are lovely, I really love the red and white one.

Stocki said...

I love the red and white square especially.. a blanket of these would look spectacular for Christmas :)x

The Craft Giraffe said...

Oh they are beautiful and such a thoughtful gift.

Special 'K' said...

I love the read and white square. I love the creations. I so wish I could crochet it is on my bucket list to learn. Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your lovely blog. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place soon and do the same. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and look forward to supporting your blog in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Jenn Erickson said...

Missabeth, your crochet ornaments are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much for being a part of the holiday spirit at Rook No. 17 last Tuesday. Can't wait to see what you have to share today!

Warmest wishes,
Jenn