Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Eleanor Shrug

Several months ago, I bought some yarn at Big Lots, a local discount store.  It was labeled "Baby Soft" by Canan, and didn't give a weight.  Recently, I decided I wanted to make something for me, using this purple yarn.  I looked at many patterns, and decided on the Eleanor Shrug that I found on Ravelry.


After I had crocheted about six rows, I realized that the shrug would not be as wide as I wanted it.  I frogged it and added 30 chains, so that it would be from elbow to elbow across the back.  I had determined that the yarn was similar to DK weight, and chose to use an H hook.




It worked up pretty fast.  I made it in about eight days, crocheting six rows each day.  I think it turned out perfectly, and I am really happy with it.


I am linking this post to the places listed on this page.

Pin It

13 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Good job! Big Lots needs some work, but ya can't argue with their prices.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

That looks fabulous!

linda said...

It's very pretty a perfect fit too. :)

Lucy Blossom said...

It's really lovely, and perfect for adding that extra bit of warmth.

Carolee Crafts said...

A great job and looks fab

Suze Bain said...

Love the colour, I so wish I could follow a crochet pattern! Xx

Lilly's Mom said...

This is so lovely! I love the pattern too. Maybe I will try and make one. Happy Monday :)

Anna said...

That's lovely and an interesting stitch.

Oui Crochet said...

Very pretty! I like the open stitchwork! :)

JENNY said...

What a lovely top! Xx

JENNY said...

What a lovely top! Xx

Unknown said...

This is cute! I've been looking at different patterns for a lacy shawl for my upcoming wedding...

WonderWhyGal said...

Very pretty.