Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday

This week I am crocheting a little more.  I finished my last radiation treatment today.  My oncologist encouraged me to keep as active as I can, so I consider crocheting a therapy for my cancer.  :-)

I started a new Corner to Corner baby blanket, using more yarn from my stash and a pattern from Ravelry.  I have used Simply Soft yarn in Baby Bright Ombre and Snuggly Wuggly yarn in Soft Lilac so far.  I am almost to the point where I will start decreasing, to make a rectangle.  I ended up buying more yarn today, as I ran out of the Simply Soft yarn.  I hope it will blend in.




My other project, Granny's Favorite prayer shawl, is 2/3 done.  I have crocheted 162 squares into 18 rows of 9 squares each.  I have nine more rows to go.   I like how it looks like several nine-patch quilt blocks.




I finished reading Daughter of Twin Oaks by Lauraine Snelling.  I really enjoyed this book, with it's surprising ending.  I also finished another book on my Nook, The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund. It is set in the 1600's, in England, around the time when the Puritans were being persecution by the Royalists.  At the end of the book, the author says the book is inspired by the story of John Bunyan, the author of Pilgrims Progress, and his second wife, Elizabeth.  I received both books for free from Book Bub and read them on my Nook Color.

I am sharing this post at the links on this page.

Pin It

4 comments:

Crochet Addict UK said...

Congratulations on your last treatment. Crochet is a perfect therapy. My dr. actually has put it in writing that it's my therapy :-)

Unknown said...

How're you feeling? I'm sure with your treatments finished now you'll be getting some energy back very soon! Crocheting is great for LOTS of things! It's a total stress buster for me! But I new some yarn! My next project is a hat with a flower for a friend, but I'm still eyeing different shawls for me! LOL

Unknown said...

Your baby blanket looks amazing!
I agree with you, I think any kind of handwork is an awesome form of therapy for any kind of illness.
x

Unknown said...

Stopping by again! It's been a while since you've blogged...I'm working on crocheting up a grocery sack. It says it's a 2 hour project...Perhaps she meant DAYS? ;) And then I'm going to do my very first afghan, a ripple one!