Monday, March 14, 2011

Hexagon Shrug


My daughter is modeling the Hexagon Shrug that I made for myself.  I found the pattern here.  I used a size M crochet hook, and about 6 1/2 skeins of Caron's Jewel Box yarn in the Lapis color.  I crocheted really loosely so it would fit me.  It is very drapey, and fits my daughter as well.  It worked up really fast, once I got going.  It probably took about 5 hours.

When I posted this picture on Facebook, my sister commented "My pretty niece looks like her mother did at that age."  So, I found a picture of myself when I was in sixth grade, and compared.


Minus the glasses, I do see the resemblance.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Judy said...

Minus the glasses and what appears to be your darker hair, you tow definitely look alike.
Love the shrug, too :-)

Kat W said...

You do look like each other! Its always fascinating how family resemblances appear. Sometimes, I find, its easier to see in photos than in real life.

I love this shrug - really pretty. You're such a talented lady!

Kat X

Nancy said...

Wow that is nice! Thanks for the link. I can see the bigger stitches you did with the larger hook. I used an H hook on mine.
You and your daughter do look alot alike :)

Nancy