Friday, August 17, 2012

Finished Object Friday

It has been two weeks since I posted on Friday, and I have both a knitted and a crocheted piece to show you.

The knitted piece is a shawl done in straigth garter stitch, with a two stripes of  stockinette stitch, just because I got bored with all the K rows!  I love the variegated yarn colors of white, navy blue and maroon.  I think it is Red Heart yarn.  I don't know for sure, because I used yarn from a top I had made myself quite a while ago.

Knitted Shawl
The crocheted piece is a seat cover that I made for my office chair at school.  I came back from summer vacation to find that someone (probably a summer worker) had stepped on the seat cushion of my chair and made tiny gauges that grew every time I sat in it.  I decided to make a granny square to cover those marks. It is made of some nylon/wool yarn that should hold up pretty well.



That's it for me this week.  Please see the links on my "Sharing" page to see where I am linking today.
Pin

5 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Yay for recycled yarn!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I think throwing changing it up from all knit rows is a great idea. The yarn knits up nicely in that scarf!

Spinster Beth said...

It's nice to break up all the garter stitch ... by itself it looks so dull!

WonderWhyGal said...

Two great projects for two weeks. Great job!

Nicole said...

Love the colours in your knitting, patriotic to both our countries :) Your granny squares in the last post were fab too, I love the way they're like corners :)