Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Presents


My parents both said they didn't want anything for Christmas.  My brother said he didn't want anything that wasn't consumable.  But I get so much joy from the giving, as well as receiving.  So, I made slipper socks for the guys, and pocketbook slippers for the gals.   We celebrated Christmas with them last Saturday, and my brother said he needed the slipper socks, since they were trying to teach the dog to bring the slippers, and all she did was tear them up!  The pocketbook slippers look like a little purse before you put them on.  Jackie, my brother's SO, said she liked them, because they were easily packed for trips.

Do you make some or all of your Christmas presents?

2 comments:

Kat W said...

Your pocketbook slippers are a fabulous idea!! Your family are lucky to have you making such gorgeous presents.

I haven't made much for Christmas but yes I like to make gifts and cards for people.

And I love to receive a handmade gift/card. They are always special because of the thought, time and love gone into them.

Have a very Happy Christmas!

Kat X

TammyVitale said...

Indeed I did - many sea nettles were gifted (my latest ornamnet which turns to sun catcher after the holidays), some sweethearts and touchstones, and some Taliswomen for my women friends!