Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Apache Tears Redo


Two weeks ago, I shared the first twelve rows of the Apache Tears pattern I was using to make a prayer shawl.  The above photo shows what I had finished, so far.  My intention was to use a variegated rose yarn as the fourth stripe, and as the week went on, I did that, plus another repeat.  So I thought I would have 32 rows done,  but in the middle of the thirty-second row, I ran out of the variegated yarn!  When I was trying to decide what to do, I discovered that I had completely missed the fourth row.  Being the conscientious crafter, I had to frog all rows back to the third row, and, as long as I was there, I decided to add four more colors to the mix.  I am really happy I did that, and this is the result, so far.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Melissa!
Stay inspired!

Nicky said...

That's beautiful!!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Fantastic how the colours link in that pattern!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

What a striking design and the colors really work with the design.

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Wow! You have skills! This is a great pattern with great colors

Unknown said...

Hello.
What is the pattern for this?
Thanls