Friday, January 16, 2015

Baby Sweater and Car Seat Blanket

I received a gift card for Michaels from my DH for Christmas, and went to shop there a couple of days after Christmas.  Funny enough, I forgot the gift card!  I fell in love with this book from Leisure Arts, and bought it anyway.

My first project from this book was the Filet Rectangle Blanket.  I crocheted the smaller size, with a G hook and some yarn I got at Big Lots, called "Baby Soft," by Canan. It is a very light blue, although in my pictures, it almost looks gray.   I was a little disappointed by the wonkiness of the middle section, but it will still keep a baby warm. ;)




Then I decided to make a sweater to go with it, and adapted a pattern by Laura Tegg called Chunky Monkey Cardigan.  I modified the pattern to match the filet, and did a reverse crochet edging, like the blanket.


This pair will probably go to a church mission project.

I am linking to the sites on my Sharing Page.

Pin It

7 comments:

Crochet Addict UK said...

They are both beautiful, one lucky baby! I love the designs.

Lisa Ehrman said...

These are so dainty and sweet. You made these? I'm really impressed :) So nice to meet you (from the Friendship Friday Blog Party)

Ali said...

I just love the little sweater, it's so sweet. I had a peek at the book and it looks wonderful. Car blankets are so useful.
Ali xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous chunky monkey cardigan! x

Lilly's Mom said...

I love how you made the lovely little sweater to match the blanket. I'm sure they will be cherished gifts by whomever receives them. Very nice.

Lucy Blossom said...

It is really pretty and very sweet. I shall be hosting Handmade Monday from this weekend, please come and join us.

Sarah said...

These are very cute! Some baby will be blessed to have these hand made treasures.