Saturday, January 10, 2015

Finally Back

I have been away from this blog for over a year.  Life got very busy, and I had to choose between this blog and another one at WordPress.  Obviously, this is the one I had stopped posting on.  I have continued to crochet, but have not posted the pictures and wips on here.  Because of a diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer and it's complications, along with MS, I have had to quit working and have more time on my hands.  So I am here again.

I crochet many prayer shawls and baby items/children's clothes for mission projects at my local church, and the most recent item is the Zig Zag Filet Car Seat Blanket.  The pattern is from a book published by Leisure Arts.  I made it from some old yarn I had in my stash, Sayelle, in the color Frosted Cherry.


I am linking this post to the places on my Sharing Page.

14 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Lovely work! The color is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I was just thinking today that I could crochet up a bunch of hats to donate. There are often "drives" for mittens and hats around here (Maine). I have been teaching myself to crochet for about 3 months using You Tube. Lovin' it!

Crochet Addict UK said...

Beautiful! I love the colour and design!

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful! I envy you your crochet skills! Take good care. X

Lilly's Mom said...

Hello, it's so nice to find your blog. This is such a lovely little blanket you have made. And the name is so appropriate; frosted cherry. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Free Spirit Designs said...

Beautiful work, thank you for sharing :) x

Ali said...

It's lovely to see you back. The shawl is beautiful and a lovely colour.
Ali xx

Linda B said...

The color is so striking, it's a real pick-me-up color.

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, stunning colour! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I look forward to reading more of your posts. x

Lucy Bowen said...

Lovely blanket and beautiful colour. Keep well x

Alina said...

Welcome back, Melissa!

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

Beautiful blanket.

I am so sorry that you are having heath difficulties. Breast cancer and MS are both hard enough on their own, I'm sure the combination is truly difficult.

If you're interested, I would love to have you link up to my Yarn Fanatic Party. http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/01/yarn-fanatic-party-19.html)

WonderWhyGal said...

Welcome back to blogging. What a beautiful color yarn. I bet the blanket is very comfortable. I hope that you are taking care of yourself and that the fiber arts are giving you the healing power your mind and body needs.