Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday ~ 1/28/15

Happy Hump Day!  I have an update on one project and the start of another.  I wasn't able crochet or blog for a week or two due to some time spent in the hospital.  I had a partial hip replacement as a complication of my cancer.  I am glad to be back to both and am on the road to recovery.


The first project is the prayer shawl I am crocheting using yarn scraps.  There are 20 of almost 250 squares, so I have a ways to go.  It will be twenty-seven by nine squares when finished.


My second project is a Star Blanket.  It is also made with yarn from my stash, using this pattern from Yarnspirations.  It is another blanket for a church mission project.

I have almost finished "The Measure of Katie Calloway."  It is interesting to read about the people of the lumber camps after the Civil War and how the aftermath continues to effect the people of the time.

I will be sharing these projects on my Sharing page.

Pin It

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
These are gorgeous & I love the coloured squares you are using it will look fab once completed :o) x

Clare said...

Wishing lots of luck with your recovery, the crochet is grogeous I really love the star, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Clare x

Ali said...

I expect your glad to be home. Hope everything is going well. The squares are so colorful, I love them. Your star is so pretty, they will make a beautiful blanket. Looks like your stash will be shrinking.
Ali xx

Lilly's Mom said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern link to the star blanket. It's a lovely pattern and I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's finished.

Unknown said...

Love all the little squares! Will be beautiful when it is finished. I sincerely hope that everything is going well for you today.

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

I'm glad that you are recovering! The blankets look great!

Thanks for sharing at the Yarn Fanatic Party.