Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday~1/14/15

I started another prayer shawl with all my left over worsted weight yarns.  This is another stash buster that will probably take a while to complete since each square is only 2 1/4".  I am using a pattern for an afghan called "Granny's Favorite" by Judy Bolin, but I am only going to make it 24" x 61" and the main color will be shades of off-white.  It is from a booklet called "Scrap Wraps" published by Leisure Arts. I have five squares finished.



I am reading a lot of books on my Nook.  The one I have recently started is a book called "The Measure of Katie Calloway" by Serena Miller.  It is a Christian Fiction book about a woman working as a cook in a lumber camp in the 1870s.  I got this book free from Book Bub and am really enjoying it so far

I am linking up with the sites on my Sharing Page and at Ginny's.


Pin It

3 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

This really going to be pretty when finished. I love crocheting granny squares! Happy crocheting to you!
Julie

Unknown said...

I love using my scraps to create something useful and beautiful. My son needed an SLP from 3-11. So I know just from your profession that you are a kind and patient woman! Hope you have a great day!

Spinster Beth said...

I've got one of those Scrap Wrap books, too, but I don't think I ever used it. GOod luck!